Eleven consortia, each consisting of at least one manufacturing SME and a Technology Solution Provider, have been selected to start an innovation acceleration programme and receive up to €248,000 in equity-free funding. The acceleration programme supports innovative solutions and fresh ideas that accelerate manufacturing through the use of robotics. The funded projects come from across a range of sectors including food processing, clothing manufacturing, electronics, medical devices and stone processing.
The finalists were selected by an online jury comprising the executive board of the DIH project held on 28-30 April 2020. Each consortium pitched their innovative idea or solution to the jury who assessed each application based on suitability against the project objectives. The eleven selected consortia are:
- FIREFIT - Fiware Ready Quality Control for Packaging Systems in the Food Industry (Portugal).
- RoboWeldAR - Cognitive robotic welding solution for enabling Shipbuilding 2.0 (Greece).
- STAR - Stitching & Taping Assisted by Robotics (Ireland).
- JS 2 SF - From Job Shop towards Smart Factory in stone processing industry (Belgium).
- SMB - Development of SmartMachine Base (SMB): a modular production line for automated production (The Netherlands).
- FEATS - Fiware-Enabled Autonomous Transport System (Portugal).
- A2CS - Agile and Adaptable Cobotic System (Finland).
- CONTRA 2.0 - A system supporting manufacturing and warehousing processes in the company (Poland).
- HWFlexCell - High Flexible Welding Cell (Denmark).
- AGILPLAS - Agile plastic moulding (Spain).
- W² - Work Whisper (Belgium).